Wednesday 25 February 2009

Various gaming in February

Well, I haven't been blogging on this as much as I was previously. That's partly due to being a bit busy and/or lazy at times, but I've also had quite a lot of repeat plays of the same games lately so it felt somewhat redundant to write about the same ones again & again... so I'll just stick with a brief re-cap.

A couple of weeks ago - me, Keith, Julian, Ester & Nasty Nick all sat down for Agricola at the Legion. Nick was the only new person to this although J&E had only had one game of it previously. Keith is proving to be the master of all things farming lately, so I was looking forward to locking horns with him once again. Unfortunately, he ran away with the game on 39pts - followed by me on 23pts, Nick on 22pts, Ester on 12pts or so & Julian doing remarkably bad with... -5pts! Keith had a very well-rounded farm; plenty of stone hut rooms, family members, animals, pastures, etc whereas I always felt I was struggling for food & so my precious actions were taken up gathering food tokens more often than I'd've liked. Nick was narrowly behind me & Julian's farm was, in a funny way, appalling! Lots of unused spaces, one sheep & no grain/veg... he also had picked up a total of SEVEN begging cards! But he had played the Medicant occupation which allows to you get rid of two begging cards before scoring. I think his downfall was he had a lot of cards that would work well together & spent too much time laying a lot of them down. By then, it was too late to get his farm up & running as it should have been.

I've also been to Julian & Ester's place a couple of times, where we've had repeat plays - namely Pillars Of The Earth, Stone Age (the last time was with the mini Huts expansion tiles added), Zooloretto, For Sale, Modern Art & a couple of other new games to either me or them. Some good sessions going on!

No comments: